MENTORS SCHOLARSHIP FOR EXCELLENCE [MSE]
- Those students recommended by Coastal Rural and Development Trust (CRDT) in Kovalam and by Parivakkam Charitable Trust (PCT) in Parivakkam, and who have passed 10th or 12th Tamil Nadu Board Examination with good academic record and secured admission in any Skill Development course, ITI, Diploma Courses, College Degree Courses in any recognised institution, with the annual family income less than
- Rs. 1.8lac may apply for MSE.
- In the past 18 years we have given over 200 MSE scholarships for aspiring children in Kovalam and Parivakkam.
- For MSE scholarships and for supporting education oriented activities of CRDT and PCT, MENTORS mobilises funds, mostly from Trustees, and the rest from well wishers & past beneficiaries.
- In 2016-17, in encouraging students to pursue basic science courses, Dr.M.Sivakumaran, Trustee. Director , Aurobindho Pharma and an alumni of Vivekananda College , Chennai, has sponsored scholarships, the maximum amount being Rs 20000, to each student of Chemical discipline meeting the following requirements:
- For B.Sc (Chem) - 3 yr degree course- MSE for top 3 ranking students with family income not more than Rs 15000 pm.
- For M.Sc (Chem) - 2 yr masters course- MSE for top 3 ranking students with family income , not more than Rs 15000 pm.